Sunday, December 20, 2009

White

Through the kitchen window

Canada Geese returned this week

Witch Hazel flowers

American Beech leaves

Bald Cypress at the Pond

Buttonbush buttons

Snow on White Pine

Cottontail Rabbit prints

Whitetail Deer tracks in the Orchard

The Bend from the Point


12 comments:

Tom Arbour said...

Beautiful images Jain. We got "jipped" here in Columbus, I mostly see green grass with a little snow here and there.

Tom

Jain said...

Thanks, Tom! I thought Columbus was due for more snow than here. This didn't last long; it started falling off the trees mid-morning. The ground is still covered, for the most part.

Steve Willson said...

I'm glad you posted these beautiful shots. We had the same thing here, but I was traveling and never got to see it in the light. I saw some in the headlights as I headed out Saturday morning. I was hoping someone would post some good shots. Thanks.

Jain said...

Steve, I'm so sorry you missed your snow... and happy to share ours till next time it snows on your Barrens!

Grizz………… said...

Hey, I missed these shots yesterday—or maybe you posted after I washed up in an energyless puddle, thereafter useless.

Anyway, they're really lovely shots. And I believe you got more snow than we did. No geese on the river here, either, just lots of mallards and the white (pekin, right?) ducks. But at least we've finally had some snow!

Jain said...

Thanks much, Scribe. As I recall, your snow was more than adequate to capture some fine riparian winter scenes!
(and yep on the pekins!)

Greener Bangalore said...

oh my god!.....these are amazing snaps Jain....feels like need to visit Canada one December :)

jason said...

How divine! What a beautiful change snow brings. Looks like you had a nice bit of it.

The video is lots of fun, Jain. It felt like I was there taking the walk with you.

Jain said...

Nara, I'm actually in the United States, though Canada is certainly the place to go for the best snow! I'm delighted you enjoyed the photos. I hope for more snow and many more pictures this Winter!

Jain said...

Jason, the snow doesn't just change the landscape, it transforms my mood instantly and completely. There's nothing more beautiful than a good snow, I think. Glad you enjoyed the walk!

Scott said...

Haven't checked in for a while, Jain. Great images! I also love the delicate snowflakes drifting down the page.

Jain said...

Thanks for visiting, Scott. Glad you liked the pics. The flakes are all over the blogosphere, I love 'em. I should probably darken the background, but then I'd just sit and watch it "snow" for hours on end, and I really do need to get out of this chair once in a while.