Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chew on This

Here's a view through the kitchen window you haven't seen before:
Just part of the group, nearly 20 musician friends came to visit last weekend. They came from Ontario, Ireland, and points nearer, and filled the valley with music from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

While looking at Bloodroot flowers this Spring, I realized I didn't know what became of them and I was determined to find out. Beneath the leaf canopy was a little forest of fat pods
and, a few days later,
ripe seeds.

It's another fabulous year for Juneberries,
and I hope the Cedar Waxwings make their way through soon.

The Elderberries are loaded with sweet-scented flowers.


~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~


We don't know the lineage of Capo the Wonder Dog but know a little of his turbulent history. Rejected by a human who feared he might hurt her child, he lived part of his first year at a dog pound, then moved on to death row, from whence he was rescued by the good folks at the Canine Collective who cared for him until we found one another.

As it turns out, Capo is an exceptionally clever dog.

Not only can he read,

but he can follow instructions.

4 comments:

Nicole Pearce said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend.

Very smart dog! Looks like you will have to get little signs that say "Don't chew on this" for everything else in your house!

Jain said...

Great idea, Nicole, now what I ~really~ need is a t-shirt that reads, "Do not jump on mom when she gets home from work every night."

The weekend was a blast.

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I wish I could have been there for the music.

Jain said...

Beyond The Garden (is it Nellie?), I see from your profile that you like singer-songwriters, Irish, folk music. . . you would have been right at home here. There were a few high-quality covers, Dylan and the like, but mostly originals from talented amateurs. Bliss.