I'm just hoping it quits raining before goldenrod-blooming season. While the river here isn't scary at the moment, it is up several feet, muddy, and rain is predicted for every day this week except Friday, so it's going to get worse before it gets better. Don't know when I'll ever get out to really spend a day wildflowering. I think we've had enough rain this spring.
Grizz, a predicted inch didn't materialize Friday night, for which I am grateful. The ground is so super saturated, I'm pretty sure that it would take less than usual to flood again. Same as you, more is forecast every day and night this week. ENOUGH AWREADY!
Your river's high! We had a 3" rain here in a short period of time last Tuesday which (predictably) sent our creek out of its banks but which (unpredictably) really scoured the floodplain and ruined trails (again; so what's new?). Three inches don't usually do that, but I guess the compressed time frame was responsible for the damage.
Hi Jain...catching up,spent Easter weekend with my daughter and grandson. Looks like you do have enough rain..our waters around here are above normal,but not like that, and we are getting the rain and shower this week too!! Your V.Bluebell and the Bellwort are beautiful photos!! Try to stay dry!!
12 comments:
I'm just hoping it quits raining before goldenrod-blooming season. While the river here isn't scary at the moment, it is up several feet, muddy, and rain is predicted for every day this week except Friday, so it's going to get worse before it gets better. Don't know when I'll ever get out to really spend a day wildflowering. I think we've had enough rain this spring.
Grizz, a predicted inch didn't materialize Friday night, for which I am grateful. The ground is so super saturated, I'm pretty sure that it would take less than usual to flood again. Same as you, more is forecast every day and night this week. ENOUGH AWREADY!
It's looking a lot like the Hocking River behind my house in Ohio. Stay safe and keep taking beautiful pictures!
Your river's high! We had a 3" rain here in a short period of time last Tuesday which (predictably) sent our creek out of its banks but which (unpredictably) really scoured the floodplain and ruined trails (again; so what's new?). Three inches don't usually do that, but I guess the compressed time frame was responsible for the damage.
Hi Jain...catching up,spent Easter weekend with my daughter and grandson.
Looks like you do have enough rain..our waters around here are above normal,but not like that, and we are getting the rain and shower this week too!!
Your V.Bluebell and the Bellwort are beautiful photos!!
Try to stay dry!!
It's time for the rain to END!
Hi Mike, I hope the Hocking behaves in the coming days. Thanks for the good wishes and kind words!
Scott, the timeframe makes all the difference in the world. Sorry to hear about the damaged trails. The whole Midwest is a mess right now.
Thanks, Grammie, we're doing out best to stay dry. There's no end in sight, though. I hope your rain isn't too heavy this week.
Amen, Jennifer and Steve, it has to stop some time.
...gorgeous! I'd love to find a stand of those bluebells...and the bellwort too! The river is so high!!
Thanks, Kelly, I hope you've run across some bluebells and bellwort. The river is high, indeed, I wonder if it will ~ever~ fall back to "normal."
Post a Comment