Thursday, March 12, 2009

peent & peep

American Woodcocks are peenting in the field behind the house and Spring Peepers are peeping in the field across the road!

Sorry, this is another of those "trust me" pictures, but the 'V' in the water is the wake of a real live Beaver, seldom seen here so worth noting. He didn't just swim downriver, he meandered back and forth and round in circles.


Above, Red Squirrel on feeder; below, Fox Squirrel, unaffected by sunflower shells littering his back from the aforementioned Red Squirrel. This cracks me up. (photo by O)



Ah, color! Maple flowers.

5 comments:

Grizz………… said...

I just love you maple flowers shot. I've got to get myself up and out of here more. I se a beaver maybe one or twice a year here along the river—usually late in the day, during dusk.

Anyway, good job.

Jain said...

I wonder about beavers as temporary visitors. Is there a lodge nearby I don't know about? Do they need a lodge or can they be vagrants? Is this loner in search of others? Or looking for new territory? Oy, so many questions I'll never have answered!

Jain said...

Oh, and I'm pleased you liked the maple flowers!

Jenn Jilks said...

I can't wait till the spring peepers return! Thanks for the reminder- in my old age I forget all the things we can look forward to...

Jain said...

Ha! That's part of the reason I started this blog -- who can remember what happened 12 months ago?!