Last night's epic snowstorm never materialized. Instead, we got sleet. All night long.
Sleet on Norway Spruce
I looked forward to daybreak, a magical morning of sunshine gleaming through millions of glistening twigs enshrouded in crystalline ice... but the sun was in hiding all day, and so, no knockout photos.
Sleet on Shingle Oak
The lines on the road were nearly obliterated.
Sleet underfoot
12 comments:
So far (knock on wood), only a 1/4" layer of frozen rain pellets here, but a wintry mix is scheduled for overnight Tuesday night before everything (is forecast) to turn to rain. We're keeping our fingers crossed...
Keep warm and safe, Scott!
Cruch-a-licious!
Lily thinks so! She grabs a tastee-freeze-cicle every time she goes out. Then it's "munch!" instead of crunch!
Hi Jain...wow that is some ice...
I would much rather have snow and thats what it has done all day here with a storm tomorrow with 14 as the latest forecast!!
Glad you didn't fall...or????? lol
Be careful!!
Grammie, I'm proud to report that I remained upright on my walk!
Enjoy your snow! I'll keep an eye on your blog...
It's crunchy here too.
I trust you're warm inside, Wanda!
I love the crunchy video! I hope it's sunny and warm again soon. We are even supposed to get "freezing drizzle" in south Texas this week.
Kay
The video is so funny. I've been walking extra hard through the field just to hear the crunch. There is no point in trying to sneak up on any wildlife.
nellie
Kay, I look forward to the day when this stuff melts and life can get back to normal. It's coming down again and we're prepared for a power outage. Why can't it just be snow!? I hope the freezing drizzle doesn't hit you too hard.
Nellie, I admit to doing a few "test videos," I guess I enjoyed the crunch, too! You're so right, there's no sneaking in this weather, unless you're light-footed as a bird.
Post a Comment