Saturday dawned with a beautiful coating of snow on every limb and twig.
(The three trees in the middle of the river are usually on dry ground.)
(The three trees in the middle of the river are usually on dry ground.)
Red Squirrels couldn't hide their comings and goings.
The snow melted throughout the day.
4 comments:
Hi Jain...Your first one is very pretty with the snow sticking to everything...and those cute tiny toe prints : }}}
You always seem to have some flooding going on ..what's with that..lol
I guess i missed your pevious post!
That is a strange freeze isn't it!!
Have a good one
Grace
Hi, Grace! There's never been so much high water before. 2011 was a record year for precipitation and we're in the 2nd year of a La Nina event. I'm very afraid it will get worse before it gets better, but there's nothing I can do about it.
I hope you have a good week!
You've had more snow, ice, and high water than me—not that I'm complaining. Today is supposed to reach 48˚F. You just have to wonder how this is going to mean come spring—will skunk cabbage and snow trilliums bloom in February? Are they blooming already? My daffodils and tulips are up, though not bloomed; but my neighbor's Lenten rose, hellebore Orientalis, is blooming, and has since just after Christmas…which is at least two months early.
Really love the first two shots.
Thanks, Grizz.
There were reports of Skunk Cabbage in the wetland next to my office in December... or was it November? I went a couple weeks ago and saw the leaves, if not the flowers.
Post a Comment