Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20, 2009

A few days ago, I thought these might be Wild Leeks, Ramps, Spring Onions, Allium tricoccum -- I've thrown seeds the last few years and they've been reluctant to come up. Wishful thinking, I see now that they're sedges. Ah well, they're green. And it's Spring. And it's all good.

Happy Equinox!

2 comments:

Grizz………… said...

Over the years, I've been to several "ramp festivals" in the Carolinas and Tennessee. I've noted ramps in southern Ohio, but I don't recall any in the southwestern part of the state—though maybe I've just forgotten.

Hey, I like your sycamore limb shot!

Jain said...

I've heard of festivals in WV for years but never gone, 'though I'm sure it would be a blast. Here's Ohio's distribution:
http://plants.usda.gov/java/county?state_name=Ohio&statefips=39&symbol=ALTR3

Glad you like the sycamore limb! The darn thing it so huge and majestic, it's impossible to do it justice.