At work this morning, someone had set out, for the taking, a huge cache of native wildflower seeds. I grabbed too many of each, dutifully packaging and labeling each species. I brought them home, thinking I might or might not get around to planting them. Eventually. Next thing I knew, O was on his way to the garden centre to pick up starter trays. After a dose of caffeine, he busied himself planting a good number of them at the kitchen table.
I joined him, planting peppers, onions, and three varieties of heirloom tomato seeds that arrived in the mail this week. I’ve grown tomatoes and basil in the past, but this year we’ll have our first real garden. As the last frost date approaches in mid-May, I’ll sow radishes, turnips, dill, and lettuce.
The moon is full tonight. O let the dogs out before going to bed, and called me to the door with a big smile on his face. Spring peepers were singing.
No comments:
Post a Comment